_

_

Thursday, August 26, 2010

MBR-04-MkVI Tomahawk



Many of you know that I am a fan of 'mechs and 'mechas...and that the origin for that stems from may of the Americanized Japanese Serials I grew up watching from my childhood.

However...

Back in the 80's, a new game from FASA came out known as Battletech, and needless to say I was instantly fascinated.



Amazingly, it wasn't until many years later that I found out that many of the Battlemech Designs used in the game were "borrowed" works from other genres.

The 'mech that was featured in the image above, for example, was from the Macross Series and is part of the Destroid Class. That model in particular is referred to as a Tomahawk.



I recently found out that 1/72 scale model of that model is actually scheduled to be released in late August.















The kit is a snap fit construction set, without the need for glue, using Poly-cap for the joint parts for the ability to pose. The opening and closing of cockpit hatch and missile hatches are thoroughly reproduced, true to the original settings and highly detailed.

More models of the Destroid Class are anticipated to be released. 

No comments:

Post a Comment