_

_

Saturday, June 12, 2010

National Donald Duck Day



Yep...there is a day for that guy. It was on June 9th and I totally missed posting it that day.

However, I found myself wondering "Why was that day picked?"

Let's see what Wiki has to say about that:

According to the Disney canon, particularly in the 1942 short Donald Gets Drafted Donald's birthday is officially recognized as June 9, 1934, the day his debut film, The Wise Little Hen, was released. However, in The Three Caballeros (1944), his birthday is given as simply "Friday the 13th,"which is in reference to the bad luck he experiences in almost all his cartoon appearances. Donald's Happy Birthday (short) gives his birthday as March 13. The 1942 short "Donald Gets Drafted" also reveals his full name to be Donald Fauntleroy Duck.Donald Duck is a well-known and very popular character especially in Scandinavian countries.
Ah...so today is the duck's birthday then.

Awesome.

Hmm...I wonder how he celebrated it. Let's take a looky looky at the following pics...


Donald! You pervert! There are laws in this country about THAT sorta thing. I may have to start calling you Pedo Duck. ya sicko.


Okay...that's MUCH better. She is obviously of age and must be working her way through college. That was very nice of you Donald , to make $1 donations to her cause! At least this tells us you aint cheap like your Uncle Scrooge. I hope you eventually helped her with that itch she has. Looks like she was trying to scratch it out with that pole.


Donald! What are you doing on that poor gal's shirt? And why are yours hands raised like that? Are you trying to touch something on her? Looks to me that you seem to be reaching out for a pair of things...



Aww...here you are with your mate Daisy! I trust you aint gonna say anything to her about the other three broads you were seen with earlier. I doubt she will understand, especially the bit about the girl with the pole. By the way...did you ever help her out with that itch? Wait...I'll ask you that some other time. as it looks like Daisy has an itch of her own that you need to take care of.


Ah...looks like you are here with some old friends and some new ones! Although I have never played Kingdom Hearts, I'm very familiar with the theme being based of of Final Fantasy, which you KNOW I am a fan of.



Woo hoo! Another favorite genre of mine! You look pretty awesome here as Boba Duck. Or...is that Donald Fett?


Oh! Well...I guess it was bound to happen to you also. After all, George Lucas decided to jump on the Zombie Bandwagon, so its really not MUCH of a surprise that you decided to as well. Still...it *is* somewhat disturbing.


Well...be that as it all may, Happy Birthday 76th Birthday Donald! 

No comments:

Post a Comment